Dieppe Park Ice Rink Open to March 16, 2015
Please note Councillor Fragedakis moved a successful motion at City Council to have the Dieppe Ice Rink stay open until March 16th, weather permitting.
Dieppe Park is now on the list – http://bit.ly/MIpQ9l – of rinks scheduled to stay open until March 16th, weather permitting. You can check the Dieppe page on the City’s website for other updates, including summer recreational programs.
A new refrigeration plant for the Artificial Ice Pad at Dieppe Park was installed as a part of the state-of-good-repair work done on that ice rink last year, so the Dieppe Park Artificial Ice Rink now meets the capacity requirement of the report along with all other requirements. The Dieppe Park Artificial Ice Rink also meets the requirement for geographical fairness outlined in a previous staff report on the matter.
Dieppe Park Ice Rink Grand Opening
Please join Councillor Fragedakis and your neighbours for the Dieppe Ice Rink Grand Opening.
You can bring your skates and any ideas you have for recreation programming at this facility.
Sunday, December 8th from 2 to 4 pm.
The rink will open starting November 30th.
Dieppe Park Ice Rink Upgrade Update
The construction work has started in Dieppe Park. This involves state-of-good-repair work on the ice pad and ice pad building. A new ice pad design was chosen by local residents in consultations last year.
The Parks Department has advised the following work has been completed:
- Fencing around the perimeter of the construction zone, with signs informing public about the scope and project time lines
- Demolition and removal of existing rink dasher boards and surrounding fences
- Demolition and removal of existing light poles and light fixtures
- Planned for the coming 2 weeks
- The demolition of existing concrete slabs, and removal of dirt
- Start of the demolition of the old refrigeration equipment
The Friends of Dieppe Park have established an adopt a tree project. You can find out more details and information on how to help out on their website. So far they have recruited several volunteers for this project but they need more.
Ice Pad & Building Community Consultation
Thanks to everyone who came to the June 14 & 16 Open House events for the Dieppe Park Artificial Ice Rink and Building Rehabilitation Project.
The ice pad building will also receive upgrades and repairs.
This is the third in a series of state-of-good-repair projects at Dieppe Park – the first two finished up this spring and involved:
- work on the parking lot area, included asphalt re-paving, improved drainage, a new chain link fence, new gate between the ball diamond and parking lot, new curbs and pavement line marking.
- work on the splash pad including asphalt paving, splash pad vault upgrades, and new rubber surface.